My Favorite Podcasts

January 09, 2019


I don't remember when I listened to my first podcast, but I do remember hating the experience. I'm a reader, always have been, and listening to someone talk my ear off sounded like a waste of time that could be better spent seated comfortably with a book. At the time my brain equated that experience to meaning "all podcasts are terrible and not worth my time"... but I'm happy to say that I have since found some podcasts that really capture my interest, and I really look forward to listening to them each week. I usually will put one on when I'm cooking or doing the dishes; I love being able to stay occupied with a task that still leaves me the ability to take in the podcast- multitasking! Sometimes, if they're really thought-provoking, I'll actually sit down and take notes. Here are some of my favorites:

Mysterious Universe

This is my favorite podcast ever and the only one I've actually considered paying for to get the extra content. It's about all the weird and crazy things that happen in our world... it doesn't provide any answers, but merely shares the stories and synchronicities that happen in our vast universe. If you're into unusual or supernatural phenomena, then you should give this podcast a listen.

Young House Love

My guilty pleasure podcast. I've been following John and Sherry since their early blogging days, and this was the first podcast I ever got into. The episodes are only about 30-minutes long, and they're always lighthearted and hilarious. If you're into DIY home improvement, celebrity impersonations, and laughs, then you might enjoy this podcast too.

Beautiful Anonymous

I haven't been listening to this one as much lately, but it's still one of my favorites. Chris talks to an anonymous caller for an hour and during that hour, they reveal all sorts of things about them self and their life. It often helps put my own life into perspective, and it gives me confidence that there are still decent and amazing humans in the world.

Stuff to Blow Your Mind

Still pretty new to me but I was hooked from the first episode... I think the best explanation of what to expect with STBYM is most accurately described in their own words: "STBYM examines neurological quandaries, cosmic mysteries, evolutionary marvels and the technological underpinnings of our transhuman future." So... yeah. Kinda like Mysterious Universe, but with less supernatural stuff and more science!

99% Invisible

I actually haven't listened to much of this podcast, but they did a fantastic 6-part series called Articles of Interest that I highly recommend listening to if you enjoy learning about the history of clothes and their societal impact, as well as society's impact on clothes.

The Minimalists

They can get a little repetitive at times, but I still love hearing what Josh and Ryan have to say on the topic of minimalism and intentional living in general. They often have fun guest speakers, and I love the audience questions they feature in every episode. This is one of the podcasts I'll frequently pause and jot down or reflect on something that was said.

Are you a podcast subscriber? What are some of your favorites?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

                  

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet